香港新浪網 MySinaBlog
« 上一篇 | 下一篇 »
Chen | 14 June, 2013 | 一般 | (42 Reads)

 

That means the extradition hearing could be held more than two years after Dotcom was arrested after the Hollywood-style police raid on his mansion north of Auckland iphone Case.

 

A spokeswoman for North Shore District Court told NZ Newswire Dotcom's August date had been vacated and was now scheduled to start on November 21.

 

A back up date of April 14 has also been set aside if further delays develop.

 

The hearing - which has now been delayed several times - is expected to take several weeks.

 

Dotcom and his co-accused were arrested in January, 2012, and an extradition hearing was meant to be held the next month.

 

However, digitizing embroidery after it was revealed police botched the raid's search warrant and New Zealand's spy agency the GCSB illegally spied on Dotcom, a German who had become resident in New Zealand, the case has become mired in delays and court action over evidence and charges.

 

It's most recent casualty is Revenue Minister Peter Dunne, who resigned his post last week after allegations he leaked to a reporter the results of an investigation into the GCSB's illegal spying.

 

He was also taken off parliament's Intelligence and Security Committee cem1 pcb.

 

The US is trying to extradite Dotcom, Finn Batato, Bram van der Kolk and Mathias Ortmann over allegations their Megaupload website netted more than $US175 million ($NZ223m) in criminal proceeds.

 

The US says it cost Hollywood's copyright owners more than $US500m by offering pirated copies of movies and television shows.

 

Megaupload was shut down after the raid but Dotcom has since launched a similar site called Mega, IP Camera Manufacturer which doesn't use US-based servers.

 

Dotcom denies the charges and says he is a political target for Hollywood.